These brownies are a great way to enjoy a healthier version of an all-time-favorite treat and with the high protein content, these are perfect lunchbox fillers!
2 to 2 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
(use high-quality chocolate – 60% plus cocoa)
2 cups garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup sugar (or 3/4 cup brown rice syrup)
1/2 tablespoon baking soda
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Melt chocolate chips in microwave for 2 minutes.
3. In a blender or food processor, combine beans and eggs.
4. Add sugar, baking powder and chocolate; process until smooth.
5. Pour batter into a 9″ or 8″x8″ non stick pan.
6. Bake for 45 minutes. Enjoy!